At The Grafton Hotel we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and are always looking for ways to increase our sustainability efforts.
Our management team meet regularly and dedicate themselves to the further improvement of green initiatives throughout the hotel, whether it be through energy conservation or recycling & waste management.
We are very proud to do our part to preserve the environment.
We are always looking for more ways to increase our sustainability efforts and have a lot more plans in place for 2022 and beyond. If you have any suggestions on more ways we can reduce our carbon footprint, we’d love to hear them!
What are we currently doing?
- Energy Resources: introduced metering optimisation, this provides an opportunity for the hotel to use the waste heat from electricity generation.
- Replaced all our fluorescent bulbs with LEDs. There are PIR sensors throughout the building in most areas.
- They are also in the process of installing online metering to give real-time data as to what the hotel is achieving and where can be adjusted.
- Leak detection systems and metering are used throughout to ensure wastage is minimised.
- Appliances such as dishwashers and washing machines are low flow models to make further water savings.
- All guest bathrooms are fitted with sensors and low flush technology.
- The hotel has a proactive approach to recycling – all glass, cardboard, plastic bottles, aluminium cans, paper & food waste are all sorted and collected for recycling.
- Glass crushers are used for all bottle waste, reducing glass volume waste up to 80%.
- Paper/recycled coasters and beer mats are used throughout the hotel as well as paper straws.
- Guest rooms are fitted with wall mounted refillable vegan-friendly LUAS stop is minutes from the hotel entrance to take staff and takes guests directly to key visitor attractions in Dublin. This also links with other transport hubs.
- Cyclist facilities are provided outside the building and cycle parking is located close to the hotel. The Dublin bikes scheme and other local amenities are within walking distance of the hotel.
- In terms of sustainability, the hotel is committed to reducing its carbon footprint and is dedicated to the continuous improvement of green initiatives throughout the hotel, whether it be through energy conservation or recycling and waste management. As well as the BREEAM certification, the hotel is also in the process of securing the green tourism accreditation