Your Current Consent Status for the domain www.thegrafton.ie:
What is a website ‘Cookie’?
Cookies are small pieces of data that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. We use them for the following reasons:
- Remember information about you, so you don’t have to give it to us again.
- Help us understand how people are using our website, so we can make it better.
- To use third party tools and software such as Open Table
What type of Cookies do we use and why?
- Session Cookies: (also called transient cookies) are erased when you close your web browser. Session cookies are stored in temporary memory and are not retained after the browser is closed.
- Stored Cookies: (also called persistent or permanent cookies) are longer-term cookies. These cookies are stored by the browser within a file on the user's device even after the browser is closed.
- Necessary Cookies: (which can be either session or stored cookies) help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- First Party Cookies: these can be necessary/unnecessary and either session or stored cookies. These cookies are issued by The Grafton. We use these cookies for the following reasons:
- User authentication, to determine if you are logged into our website Content Management System (CMS).
- Cookie preference.
- Third Party Cookies: these can be either session or stored cookies. Firstly, it is important to note that a third-party cookie originates from a different domain. We use these cookies for the following reasons:
- Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
- We may occasionally run ad-campaigns via Google Ads.
What do I need to know about Security and Cookies?
- The Cookies we place on your device do not collect personal data. They are used for performance, interaction and statistical purposes.
- Cookies do not compromise the security of your computer.
- While we try to limit our use of third party cookies - they are in some cases necessary to our offering. It is important to note that a third-party cookie originates from a different domain (i.e. the service being used for example YouTube, Facebook we would always advise you make yourself familiar with their cookie policies and practices.
- Cookie usage is governed by the ePrivacy Directive (Cookie law) and GDPR you can find out more here.
Current cookies in operation:
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent for the cookies in the "Advertisement" category .|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|_gcl_au||Provided by Google Tag Manager to experiment advertisement efficiency of websites using their services.|
|_ga||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.|
|_gid||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.|
|_gat_UA-200913226-1||A variation of the _gat cookie set by Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to allow website owners to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance. The pattern element in the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to.|
|_ga_0YS4X6F8FZ||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.|
|test_cookie||The test_cookie is set by doubleclick.net and is used to determine if the user's browser supports cookies.|
|fr||Facebook sets this cookie to show relevant advertisements to users by tracking user behaviour across the web, on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.|
|_fbp||This cookie is set by Facebook to display advertisements when either on Facebook or on a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising, after visiting the website.|
|IDE||Google DoubleClick IDE cookies are used to store information about how the user uses the website to present them with relevant ads and according to the user profile.|
|otuvid||No description available.|
|OT-Session-Update-Date||No description available.|
|OT-SessionId||No description available.|
|ot-cookie-check||No description available.|
How do I disable Cookies if I wish?
- Unfortunately in most cases there are no industry standard options for disabling cookies without completely disabling the functionality and features they add to this site.
- It is recommended that you leave on all cookies if you are not sure whether you need them or not in case they are used to provide a service that you use.
- See instructions below
For more information about how to manage cookies, including opting-out of different types of cookies please visit: www.aboutcookies.org.
COMPLAINT RESOLUTION MECHANISM
We do our utmost to comply with guidelines outlines by the Data Protection Commissioner. If you have a complaint or concern, please feel free to contact us to discuss the matter and we will strive to assist you and resolve your issue. Should you wish to seek assistance from a government regulator, the Data Protection Commissioner contact details are here below.
Data Protection Commissioner