We have a superb new vacancy for a Business Development Executive to join our expanding team here as we increase our hotel portfolio with a new opening.
Job description: Business Development Executive | The Grafton Hotel & The Chancery Hotel - ( Opening Autumn 2023)
The candidate we are looking for is a good communicator with a flexible approach and is a dynamic individual eager to take the next step up in their career, in the role of sales as a Business Executive .
An outgoing personality with a creative flair who is organised and digitally savvy who enjoys working in a fast paced, result driven, team environment. The role involves sales administration, office management, and CRM management and monthly reporting.
This is an exciting role that will suit someone that has at least one year’s experience at meeting and events, reservations or a sales co-ordinator and has a can-do attitude who enjoys working with a team of like-minded people.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- This is a client facing proactive and reactive sales and events position that is responsible for targeting new rooms and event accounts and maintaining relationships with existing accounts to retain and develop the business in the local market.
- To drive new accounts in local area for accommodation, events, and F&B areas.
- To manage the contracting and RFP portals for the corporate accounts.
- To work with hotel team to review and analyse monthly reporting so that non- performing accounts & new accounts are identified in a timely manner to be actioned, retained, and developed in room segments and events.
- Reporting to the Cluster Sales Manager and part of the Commercial team the Business Development Executive will be supporting the sales team by tracking business booked and identifying sales leads, getting involved in proactive sales activity and responding to sales enquiries.
- Complete monthly tracking reports and identify new leads.
- Review performance of current accounts and identify target accounts.
- Manage the corporate rate loading process with reservations manager.
- Complete annual RFPs for corporate and other business segments.
- Participate and support in the preparation and execution of specific annual and quarterly sales and marketing action plans.
- Maintain up to date client databases and the CRM system.
- Support the sales & marketing team by conducting site inspections around the hotel, participate in sales activities including sales research, telesales, sales calls in the local market, corporate client entertaining, social events, promotions, and FAM entertaining.
- Identify key competitors and carry out regular competitor analysis, monitoring their performance, rates, and sales activity.
- Must have previous hotel reservations or meeting and events experience within the hospitality or events industry.
- Sales focused and engaging team player looking to progress their career into a hotel sales role.
- This position combines the administrative aspect of corporate and event RFPs plus proactive sales activity within the team.
- Needs to be organised and have the confidence to engage with clients face to face, coupled with excellent written communication skills.
- This is a full-time on-site position and is predominately Monday – Friday with some flexibility in working hours.